If you haven’t seen this tag floating around the internet, this is a call for a blogger to post 11 random things about herself, answer 11 questions from another blogger who tagged her, and then post 11 new questions for her own “tagees”. I usually dread this sort of thing, but I happen to super love the two FitFluential ladies who tagged me, so here goes…
11 random things about yours truly:
1. I learned to juggle in the 6th grade.
2. When I left home at 16, I competed in local beauty pageants to earn money.
3. I used to have a shaved head.
4. I sleep with the lights on when I’m alone because I’m afraid of the Elephant Man (I watched it as a little kid).
5. I say “beep” instead of “fart”, because fart is a curse word.
6. For Sarah Dussault – I nursed until I was three years old and called it “nursie milk” (still do).
7. I was raised in an all-white family and didn’t know that I was half-black until I was 19 years old. I’ve never met my biological father.
8. I smoked cigarettes for two months when I was 18, but never inhaled because it made me sick every time.
9. I registered to vote when I was 17, so my voter registration card would have my 18th birthday on it. I’m fiercely political.
10. I have matching tattoos with two different people… both of whom I still dig a lot (thank god).
11. I changed my major from Fine Art to History in college because I had a crush on my core studies/history professor. His name was Mr. Sassy ;)
My questions from Kymberly Williams-Evans – one half of a twin fitness duo at FunandFit.org (I’m secretly afraid of identical twins):
1. Favorite blog post you have written? Ugly Fitness
2. Why is it your fave? I take my responsibility of being someone who influences young women seriously. This is the most honest description of why I workout. It’s not about approval from men or society. It’s about doing something for myself.
3. On a 1-10 scale, 1 = totally a couch potato who never moves; 10 = ready for the Olympics, where do you rate your current fitness level? 7
4. What annoys you most: bad grammar, bad punctuation, bad photos/images? Bad grammar burns me up. Bad punctuation – not so much. Stock photography in blogs or shitty “art” photography makes me insane.
5. What is the wackiest or lamest excuse you have ever used to get out of a workout? I’ve never made an excuse. I just say I don’t want to.
6. What is the lamest or most outlandish excuse you have ever use to get out of a social event? Same – I’m not a big fan of lying.
7. What is your preferred workout place – home, club, outdoors, in your dreams? Other? the gym with my trainer
8. Favorite book that was turned into a movie? I don’t read novels, so my favorite books never turn into movies :(
9. Favorite (or handiest) motivational quote? I always like to say “The moments you think you can’t are the exact opportunities to prove that you can.”
10. What do you think “qi” means? I have no idea and I’m too tipsy on champagne to google it ;)
11. What question do you wish I had asked? I’m an open book, so you could have asked me anything… probably something controversial.
My questions from Sarah Dussault – SarahFit.com:
1. What High School cafeteria food do you still miss? French bread pizza on Fridays
2. What is your sign and is it a reflection of your personality? Cancer… and TOTALLY. I’m a moody, sensitive homebody.
3. Favorite cancelled TV show? You Can’t Do That On Television
4. What movie character do you most connect with or reminds you of yourself? I always wanted to be Angelina Jolie’s character in Hackers.
5. Last cheesey novel that you read? I don’t read novels… ever. The last book I read was Outliers and it was awesome!
6. If you could have one do over in life, what would it be? I had a couple relationships that I wouldn’t mind forgetting.
7. Have you even gone vegetarian or vegan? If so, how long did it or has it lasted? I’ve been vegetarian or high raw off and on for 14 years. But when I’m off, I’m OFF.
8. What was your first job? I’ve worked since I was 13… painting duck decoys, scrubbing concrete steps for my neighbors. My first real job was at the original Burlington Coat Factory in Burlington, NJ.
9. Who was your first concert? Cinderella – the band, not the Disney princess
10. Favorite holiday? Halloween
11. Most valuable lesson learned from your parents? I had a rough childhood, so my sisters and I did a lot of the parenting for each other and ourselves. That taught me that I’m stronger than any situation.
And here’s where I go rogue and do what I want! I’m not tagging my blogger friends, because it’s such a small world and they’ve all been tagged. Instead, I want you to pick as many or as few of the questions below and answer them in the comments. I love you guys and want to get to know YOU better. xo
My questions for my sexy peeps:
1. What’s the closest purple thing to you?
2. Who inspired you when you were little?
3. Who inspires you now?
4. What was the biggest fear you’ve overcome?
5. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
6. Who is your celebrity crush?
7. Who is your same-sex celebrity crush?
8. What’s your favorite character trait?
9. What’s your favorite body part?
10. We’re going on vacation to Bali. You can take one thing. What is it?
11. Bikini, tankini, one-piece, or coverup? (extra points if you’ve been to a nude beach!)
If I was going to pick my list of the most interesting and kick-ass ladies on the web, it would definitely include:
– Sarah Dussault – super cool chick & creator of SarahFit.com
– Cassey Ho – Blogilates superstar & oGorgeous designer
– Bianca Jade – the fashionable & talented beauty behind MizzFit.com
Rules for Tagees (if you want to write your own post):
– Post these rules in your post.
– Post 11 random things about yourself.
– Answer the questions set for you in the tagger’s post.
– Create 11 new questions for the people you tag.
– Go to the blogs of the people you’ve tagged to tell them they’ve been tagged.
– You legitimately and actively have to tag 11 people. No saying “you are tagged if you are reading this.”