I’ll bet you’ve probably heard a lot of talk about fish oil these days; it seems like everyone under the sun is taking fish oil supplements to try to get the right amount of Omega-3 fats into their bodies.
You may have been wondering what exactly the hype is all about – is it really that important?
The short answer is yes, yes it is. The fact is that Omega-3 fats can boost your health in a lot of different ways. I swear by the super high-quality fish oil supplements from this line because of all the benefits they bring my family. It’s well worth your while to start incorporating this fatty oil into your daily habits too. Let’s look at why!
But before you dive into the list, you should know that all fish oils aren’t created equal.
Unless you’re taking a high quality supplement, you may be better off not taking one at all. What you don’t know could hurt your wallet and your health.
When comparing the cost of different fish oils, use this valuable guideline: How much are you paying per 1,000 mg of the health-promoting ingredients EPA and DHA? If you look at our comparison (see image below), you’ll see that ultra-pure Life’s Abundance Fish Oil that you can learn more about here represents one of the best values on the market today. In addition, you’ll also notice that our fish oils contain sesame lignans and astaxanthin, two key ingredients that enhance the health-promoting qualities of fish oil.
In its unpurified form, fish oil contains many contaminants, some of which can be harmful to your health. To purify the oil takes many steps, each one adding to the cost of manufacturing. It’s important to buy your fish oil from a company that not only says it purifies the oil, but one that is willing to share the results from every batch. This helps you to make sure you and your family are safe.
These Omega-3 fish oil supplements are highly concentrated and ultra pure, and they meet or exceed the highest standards in the industry for quality assurance. In fact, each and every batch of Life’s Abundance Fish Oil is tested by an independent third party organization (IFOS). Vegan? Try this alternative: Testa Omega-3 Algae Oil DHA + EPA.
Now, let’s get to all those benefits!
1. Fish oil is good for your heart! Studies have shown that regularly taking in fish oil has a profound effect on your heart health. It helps to lower your blood pressure, and it helps to prevent heart attacks and strokes. Even if you’re already dealing with heart disease it may lower your chances of deadly cardiac arrest. It’s always a good idea to talk to your doctor if you’re concerned or even just to make sure you’re on the same page, but it’s definitely a high priority for me; I’ve got five kids and I want to see them grow up and see my future grandbabies grow up, so I need to keep my heart strong and ticking away for many years to come.
2. Fish oil is healthy for your brain! If you pop an Omega-3 supplement daily you may be doing your brain a huge favor. These oils are an essential nutrient for normal brain function. They’re found in the membranes of the brain’s cells and the oil can help to maintain their health and make the communication between cells smoother. This means that Omega-3 supplements are a great foundation for learning and memory improvement! Been feeling foggy lately? Try fish oil!
3. Fish oil is great for boosting your immune system! For a while, a lot of people believed that Omega-3 oils helped your immune system simply by reducing inflammation (it does help with that) but further research has shown that the oils actually enhance the immune system’s cells overall. It’s a win-win in this case. You’ll experience less inflammation in your body AND your immune system will be better equipped to fight off bugs too. See ya, cold season! It does bear noting though, that in the case of Omega-3 oil, more does not always equal, well, more. Please follow directions and dosages accordingly because taking more than you need can actually backfire and deplete your immune system – and no one wants that!
4. Fish oil can help your overall mood & mental health. They are by no means a magic solution, but studies have repeatedly shown that Omega-3 fats help to maintain a more even mood and can alleviate symptoms of depression. Researchers aren’t quite sure why they help, but time and again they’ve seen great results in people who are taking both an anti-depressant and a fish oil supplement. That means that if you’re already taking a mood stabilizer, Omega-3 oils may help you feel even better. Again, please talk to your doctor and make sure he or she is aware of what you are taking alongside your prescribed medication, and never abruptly stop taking your anti-depressant without medical support.
5. Fish oil may help your weight loss journey. Some studies have shown that people who are following a smart weight loss program (eating mindfully, moving your body, and not starving yourself!) can see further benefits by taking fish oil. It’s been seen to boost metabolism and even helps to mildly curb appetite. Weight is subjective but if you’ve been trying to figure out how to shed a few pounds safely and sanely, this is definitely a nice benefit to taking Omega-3 supplements.
6. Fish oil benefits your skin and hair. Okay so it’s not quite a HEALTH benefit I guess, but let’s not get into semantics. I don’t mind getting older but I want to look as young as I feel! So here’s some good news for you – the fatty acids found in Omega-3 also act like a moisturizing agent that’s basically working from the inside out. If you start taking fish oil supplements for health reasons you may also notice that your existing wrinkles start becoming less noticeable, your acne clears up, and your skin is a little more radiant than it used to be. And as an additional bonus, your hair may take on a new shiny life too as the oils nourish your hair follicles. I mean, at the end of the day, it’s kind of a nice set of bonuses, right?
More important facts on fish oil from my friend, Keri Glassman:
That gives you a lot of reasons to try fish oil, don’t you think? I give it to my family every day to keep their hearts, brains, and bodies functioning at their best. I even share this version for pets with my aging cat and dog to keep their coats shiny and their joints healthy.
If you’re ready to start reaping the benefits for yourself, click here for more information on how to get my favorite fish oil. As a thank you for purchasing, I’ll send you a free gift—an exclusive ebook on Fermentation by my dear friend Michael Perrine of EverydayDetox.org.
Let me know if you have any questions by emailing me here. I’m happy to share more!
Rebekah “Bex” Borucki, founder of BexLife.com and the Blissed In® wellness movement, is a mother-of-five, TV host, meditation guide, author, speaker, birth doula, fitness and yoga instructor, and popular social media personality. Her first book, You Have 4 Minutes to Change Your Life (Hay House 2017), is available now, wherever books are sold.
DISCLAIMER: This post/video is designed for educational and/or informational purposes only and should not be used in any other manner. This information is not intended to substitute informed medical advice. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease without consulting with a qualified healthcare provider. A consultation with your healthcare professional is the proper method to address your health concerns. You are encouraged to consult your healthcare provider with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your condition.