I am officially finished with my first commercial cleanse, and even though I’ve been sharing like crazy on Instagram, I wanted to give you a final wrap up of my thoughts on video. I told you all about the 21-day cleanse that Justin and I will be doing together in my Meditation for Detox blog, but since writing that blog I got the opportunity to try the 3-day BluePrint Cleanse. I’ve been hearing so much about it online, and have been dying to try it since my friend, Sarah Dussault, reviewed it on her blog.
The juice has arrived! Well, they certainly LOOK good.
I’ll let you watch the video to hear all about how it went, but there are a few important tips and pieces of advice that I left out.
– There are three different levels of the cleanse. Be honest about your diet and choose the one that’s right for you. I chose the first level, because that’s the level that would most likely be a good fit for most of my audience. I also liked the variety of flavors included.
– If you eat the Standard American Diet or don’t eat a generally clean diet, PREPARE. Don’t binge on unhealthy foods the day before starting the cleanse and expect to get good (or comfortable) results. On the days before the cleanse, eat lots of whole foods, raw when possible.
– If you do run into – um – trouble, there’s a great product that can ease your digestion woes. Natural Calm was an absolute lifesaver for me when I got a little bloated/constipated. It’s also a tasty drink and a great supplement to your regular diet.
– We’re all busy, but that’s no reason not to follow the plan. The program comes with a convenient cooler bag and ice packs, so you can bring your juices wherever you go. I had events on 2 of 3 days of the cleanse, and I was able to bring my juice with me and never miss a beat.
– Don’t freak out about what you may have to give up. I chose to quit coffee (again) two days before starting the cleanse, and I truly believe the juices allowed my caffeine detox to go more smoothly. I only had one bad afternoon of headaches, and the rest was easy peasy in comparison to prior attempts of giving up caffeine.
– If you fall off track, you have not lost the benefits of the cleanse! The juices are packed with clean, organic nutrients. You have not failed if you slip a little. It’s about progress, not perfection!
I think it’s also good to know that the juices are safe for everyone (and there’s an alternative for those with nut allergies). All of the ingredients are straight-forward, and there’s nothing unfamiliar or exotic or hard to find in your local market. I’d give a BluePrint juice to my kids before a synthesized non-raw multi-vitamin. And though you could totally make all of these juices at home with the proper tools, the convenience factor of this plan is undeniable.
Thanks to my sweet husband and ever-cooperative guinea pig for helping me out with the video and sharing these experiences with me. I couldn’t do it without him! (Actually, I could, but it wouldn’t be as fun.)
Follow my detox journey on Instagram @bexlife – #ResetWithBex
PS – I’m giving away a 3-day BluePrint Cleanse on Instagram, so hurry up and find the pic of my fridge above to enter. If you happen to miss it, don’t worry. I have great giveaways all the time, including one for another cleanse. Follow me!