Gender roles do not exist in House Borucki. But we do have our jobs. I’m in charge of organizing schedules, finances, and all the closets, and Mr. Borucki takes care of the farm animals and ALL the cooking. I avoid kitchen appliances at all costs — the only exception being my beloved Vitamix. I cannot live without my daily morning smoothie.
With my adorable feminist husband, marching for women in 2017.
However, every once in a while I do get inspired to venture into the kitchen and actually cook a meal. In honor of our one-year wedding anniversary, I attempted (and succeeded) in making the most delicioiusly kickass grain-free pizza.
Yes, that’s right. The woman who doesn’t cook has mastered a cauliflower pizza crust that WON’T fall apart. I owe many thanks to the awesome members of my Blissed In Facebook Community who offered their favorite recipes. I took parts from all the tips and created the super easy recipe below. If I can do it, anyone can.
BONUS: Your kids will actually eat it. So you’ll have to share.
My pizzas, straight from the oven. No fancy food photography here!
INGREDIENTS (CRUST ONLY)
— 2 medium heads of cauliflower
— 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
— salt, pepper, oregano, basil (to taste)
— 4 medium eggs (beaten)
1. Chop cauliflower in food processor or blender until fine (like rice)
2. Microwave chooped cauliflower (without water) for 8 minutes
3. Place cauliflower in clean dish towel and press out all the water
4. Add Parmesan cheese and spices to the cauliflower, and mix thoroughly
5. Add eggs to dry mix, and mix thoroughly
6. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and coat with olive oil spray
7. Form mixtures into two 6″ round, 1/8″ thick crusts
8. Bake at 425 degrees until golden brown and firm to the touch (about 20 minutes)
9. Add toppings (pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, fresh herbs, and spices)
10. Return to oven and bake until cheese melts (about 5 minutes)
If you try the recipe, let me know how you make out!
Rebekah “Bex” Borucki, founder of BexLife.com and the Blissed In® wellness movement, is a mother-of-five, TV host, meditation guide, author, speaker, birth doula, fitness and yoga instructor, and popular social media personality. Her first book, You Have 4 Minutes to Change Your Life (Hay House 2017), is available now, wherever books are sold.
DISCLAIMER: This post/video is designed for educational and/or informational purposes only and should not be used in any other manner. This information is not intended to substitute informed medical advice. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease without consulting with a qualified healthcare provider. A consultation with your healthcare professional is the proper method to address your health concerns. You are encouraged to consult your healthcare provider with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your condition.