The response from my I Hate My Body post has been so incredible. Thank you to everyone who commented and shared and sent emails to me. A revolution can start with the tiniest action or intention, and I think we can really turn this epidemic of self-hating around if we just commit to propping each other up and being a force against those who aim to tear us down.
If you watched the video, you know that I don’t really hate my body. Those moments of self-doubt are far outweighed by moments of feeling on top of the world. There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t feel overwhelming gratitude for my health, my abilities, and all the love that surrounds me. If you told me five years ago that I would be helping people from all over the world to get fit, I would have laughed – like – hard. (side note: Nothing against my American friends, but getting messages from my international peeps gets me so excited. Keep them coming!)
So I’m super glad that I Hate My Body resonated with so many people, and I love that you’re sharing it with the people you influence in your life. All this self-love made me want to celebrate, so I reached out to my friends at DAActive (one of my favorite makers of high-quality women’s yoga and fitness active-wear) to ask them if they would be down to sponsor a little giveaway for my amazing fans. (Did you see me rocking their pants in last week’s workout??) I told them that I wanted to celebrate with an “I Love My Body” workout and give one lucky follower a super-sexy-sporty outfit to rock during their workout. They loved the idea! I’ve said this a bagillion times on this blog, but it is SO IMPORTANT to support companies that support things you believe in. DAActive is down with women and a message of positivity. Check out the details for the giveaway below my video.
Trainer Daryl works me OUT!
This week’s workout is another one with Trainer Daryl, who is working hard at
nearly killing me getting me ready for my mud run. (The training part is easy… my relentless whining and “suggestions” will probably send him over the edge before we’re done.) I’m fielding a viewer request and focusing on the lower body today. Next week will be all about the arms, chest and back. And of course, we’re working on the core (gotta hit that core with every workout).
‘I LOVE MY BODY’ WORKOUT DETAILS:
– Walking squats (to the halfway point on a basketball court and back)
– Alternating side lunges & hop (to the halfway point on a basketball court and back)
– Walking forward lunges with twist (to the halfway point on a basketball court)
– Walking reverse lunges with overhead arms extension (back from the halfway point on a basketball court)
– Power skip (full length of a basketball court and back)
– Frankenstein walk (to the halfway point on a basketball court and back)
– Take minimal or no rest time between each exercise
– Rest for one minute between each round
– PERFORM THIS ENTIRE ROUND (VIDEO) 3X FOR YOUR COMPLETE WORKOUT
photos by my husband, Justin Borucki – click image to enlarge
Win your own Crossback Bra (valued at $32.99) and Fold Over Crop (valued at $59.99) from DAActive.com!
– Comment on this post with the best thing that happened to you this week. It could be as small as finding a dollar in the laundry or as big as hitting your weight loss goal. I wanna hear it!
– For an extra entry, tweet the following message (and comment that you tweeted): “I want to win Bex’ outfit from @DAActive & @GirlRucki – https://www.bexlife.com/?p=3573 #FitFluential”
– The giveaway ends Saturday, March 31 at 11:59PM EST. The winner will be chosen at random using Random.org.
UPDATE: My outfit is totally amazing, but there’s TONS more cute gear to be had! DAActive is offering every Bex Life fan a 20% discount on their website DAActive.com! Just use coupon code “BexLife” at checkout through April 30, 2012. How awesome is that!? Thank you, DAActive!
If you like my workouts and all my super-fabulous giveaways, please vote for me at FitnessMagazine.com so I can keep them coming! xo
Disclaimer: DAActive sponsored this giveaway.
I wear and promote their clothes because I genuinely think they rock!